Wednesday, June 29, 2011

LAKE TIME!!!!!

I honestly have nothing exciting to blog about.  But just wanted to take a minute and document what has been going on in our world the last week.

Cory and I have both been teaching summer school this year.  Cory has always taught summer school, so this has been nothing new to him, but this was my first time.  I am loving the thought of a little extra cash, but it has been hard getting up and going somewhere every morning.  We have also had to send the girls to Ganky's house for a couple weeks, luckily not back to back.  So it has been strange not having them here with us.  Summer school ends on Friday at noon and we will be officially on vacation.  But first I have to get everyone well.  I have had a sore throat for the last couple of days and tonight Taryn appears to have a stomach bug.  Bless her heart!!  I hate when my babies are sick.  I feel so helpless as a mother when I can't make them better.

Vacation starts on Friday and we will start it off here:
Out on the water for the first time by herself!!!
We go every 4th of July weekend to Lake Graham for Cory's family reunion.  I have loved going since we were dating.  There is just something about those Jones' that make you wanna keep coming back for more.  We don't own a boat, but we get to spend a little time on the water, and hopefully one day we will own our own and be able to spend more time on the water. 

Hopefully we will have a good time like above and not much of this:

Notice the look of sheer terror on my daughters face.  She said it was because she had nothing to hold on to!

Taryn is a little daredevil and loves to try new things, but she did not enjoy going on the tube with 2 other people.  She had nothing to hold on to and that scared her.

Last year at the lake it had rain record setting amounts all over the state.  So not only was it hot, but it was very humid.  Humidity does not do good things to my youngest hair.
Look at those curs!!  All natural kinkier, humidity!!!

Rhealee hasn't been out on the lake yet.  I'm thinking this year will be the year!  We will have to see when we get down there, if we don't get her on the boat, she will be getting in and learning how to float with the best of us!!

That is one thing the Jones' do well....FLOAT!!  There is nothing better than grabbing a life jacket, putting it on like a diaper and jumping in the water.  We will spend hours just floating around the dock talking and laughing.  I did this best in the summer of 2006 when I was 8 months pregnant with Taryn!!

After a hard day of floating and tubing, there is nothing better than this......

Sleeping in a motel.  I heart sleeping in a hotel....cranking down the a/c as low as it will go (I'm not paying the bill..hehehe!!) and crawling in the nice comfy bed and getting a good nights sleep. 

I am so ready to hit the lake, not only for some water fun, but for some good food.  There is just something about lake food that is AAAHHHmazing!!  The watermelons are sweeter, the tomatoes are juicier, the sandwiches are yummier, and the corn on the cob is the best!!!  Ohh I am making myself hungry just thinking about all the goodies that will be this weekend, including homemade Sangria wine!!! 

What will be strange this year is not having fireworks to pop!  There are restrictions everywhere due to the drought, so that will be something different. 

Hope everyone has a wonderful 4th of July weekend!!  Don't forget to stop and think about all the men and women who are and have served our wonderful U.S.A. so that you can be free!!!

No comments: